Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Resolutions


No, I am not going to write about my New Year's resolutions. I am over that stage of my life where I feel the need to write the things I needed to do for the year! So over it! Want to know why? Because I never keep my resolutions!

I like what Pi Bani said - this year she is renewing her previous years' resolutions, almost like renewing her driver's license, is what she said! :-)

I know what I need to do if I want to keep my health .. my most important consideration this year, because I am pre-diabetic, and I have prehypertension. I have started to change my diet and I have ordered a gadget that is supposed to help keep my blood pressure normal. I have even got myself a new pair of walking shoes, to help with the exercise I need to keep. As to the gadget, I will blog about it, when it arrives and I see some change in my blood pressure!

Do you know what the top 10 New Year's Resolutions are? I recognize some of them because they used to be what I resolved to do, too!

  1. Spend more time with friends and family.
  2. Fit in Fitness
  3. Tame the Bulge
  4. Quit Smoking
  5. Enjoy life more
  6. Quit Drinking
  7. Get out of debt
  8. Learn Something New
  9. Help Others
  10. Get Organized

I don't have to worry about 3, 4, 6, and 7. Now, 8, that is interesting .. maybe as time permits. And 10, that is a constant battle! No, no, I am not make these two my New Year's resolutions! Haha, just thinking aloud!

How about you? Do you have some New Year's resolutions written some where?

7 comments:

  1. Hehe...no resolutions for me...used to have...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku bisi add mimit resolution taun tok.hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, resolutions, Nightwing?! A young and up coming executive like yourself? Heheh.

    ***

    Pat, apa resolution nuan? Lose 20 kg kah? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puteri
    I keep saying to go diet but that will never happen..you see what I cook daily..hahaha!!..but I would love to take care myself in term of health.I just started to go for gyn and mammogram check up which is a must but I have tidak apa attitude..I have the confident you can make your resolution happen..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beachlover,

    I know how you feel! If you love to cook, sure love to eat too! But it is possible to love cooking and eat only a small amount of what you have cooked. Maybe you should try to eat smaller portions?

    Working out in a gym is good. Keep our health while we still have it. Mammogram is no joke, you know. I just had mine too in November. My friend in Maryland discovered a very tiny lump, and went for biopsy. Cancer. Frightening but good thing it is still in the very early stage and the chance for her to recover fully is very high.

    Also if we have a family history of certain diseases, even more reason for us to keep our health while we can.

    Good luck on your resolutions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doris,
    Have a blessed 2008.
    Cheers
    Jamy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)