Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vacation coming to an end

Doug is arriving on Thursday 7th August, and that means it is time to go home. We have been in Malaysia for about two an a half months already and by the time we actually leave for California it will be just a week short of three months.

But before we actually board the plane for home, we will be making two special stops. On August 11th we will be flying to Sibu to attend a blogger friend's wedding reception. I met her for the first time in Bintangor over the Gawai holidays last June. She is marrying a Canadian and Doug and I take this opportunity to wish her and her future husband a long, happy marriage.

After Sibu, we will fly to Kota Bharu on August 11th to meet up with Zawi. It so happens that during our trip there, three other bloggers will also be town. Zawi will have his hands full entertaining the visitors! Zawi has even organized a Kelantan bloggers get-together to welcome the visitors. I look forward to that gathering.

We'll be spending just one night in Kuala Lumpur before we fly home to California. I wished I actually had more than one night though. We are planning on spending that evening with a few friends over dinner. Its been years since I saw one of those friends. I am really looking forward to that evening.

The kids are totally oblivious to the side trips we'll be making before we head home! They are just happy that Daddy will be here in a day's time.

I am looking forward to being home myself. Blogging is not that fun with an unreliable internet connection! Home is where my reliable DSL connection is! Spoken like a true blogger, eh!

5 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip journey home:)Don't forget to makan kuat kuat in KL b4 flying home...I know what you mean by unrealiable internet connection!!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah. paduhal ur still around in m'sia. anyway, have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Puteri

    Glad to be home huh? Just like beachlover, I know what you mean by needing a reliable internet connection. :)

    Hope you had a good flight and an enjoyable time in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind, I have added you to my blogroll. You tauklah beadings is straining my eyesight and gives me backache. I've not done any ever since coming back from Ft Walton, Fl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)