Friday, September 23, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Hurricane Rita taken at 11.15 pm EST, Friday


I am simply riveted by this approaching hurricane! :-) I live in California and we don't get hurricanes on the pacific coast.

As I write this, my ears are tuned to Fox News Channel, which has their reporters carrying out their commentaries live in various parts of the gulf coast. I hear the wind, and the description of what each reporter is going through as the hurricane draws even closer to where they are.

I can't imagine myself standing outside in the wind and rain and reporting matter of factly the montrous storm. I remember seeing an NBC reporter being blown off his feet as he reported a similar storm quite some time ago.

I pray to God that the destruction the hurricane will most undoubtedly cause will be as minimal as possible considering the size of the storm. The Governor of Texas, had the right idea when he said, "Pray for Texas." Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)