Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sex Offenders

In the US, all convicted sex offenders have their names registered in a database. I have known about this for quite some time now, but I don't know why I never bothered looking it up. I know there is a possibility that there might be some convicted sex offenders living not too far from where we live. I received an email from my father-in-law today, and in it he gave a link to a site where we can look up who the sex offenders in our neighbourhood are.

I can't believe there are 15 sex offenders living within a 2 mile radius from where I live! And 31 in total in our town! Where my children are concerned I am already over-protective, now .... !

There was one case recently, where a lady, hung signs outside the house where a registered sex offender was living. She wanted the whole neighbourhood to know there was a sex offender in the neighbourhood, and by making such a big stink of the sex offender's presence, she hoped that he would move away. I think what she did was right, because she had young children and the sex offender lived just a few doors away from her house. I think the sex offender finally moved away.

As a parent, I don't think there is such a thing as being too careful. There are too many predators out there who prey on innocent children. In my book any one who molests a child, deserves to be castrated, or the equivalent if the offender is a woman! Grrrr!

3 comments:

  1. What;s the equivalent? Hehehe...i mean if its a lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh, aku pen enda nemu .. whatever that ruins ka sexual appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I found your site while looking for Sarawak stuff. I am from Kuching
    and I have been here since 1982.
    I like your quilt work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)