Monday, June 12, 2006

iPod

I just got myself a new toy, a 30 gb iPod with video playback. :-) I have been thinking about getting myself an mp3 player for quite a while now, and Doug even told me he already had in mind what he would get for me.

After doing some research and reading reviews on the various mp3 players out there I settled for the iPod with video playback, instead of the one Doug had intended to get for me.

I use my iPod mainly for listening to sermons, and other christian related podcasts to which I have subscribed. And some of them are video podcasts, so the iPod with video playback was the best choice for me.

My favorite christian site for mp3 downloads is Oneplace. There are other sites too but the ones I am interested in are found on this site.

I am also looking at audio books, and still looking for the cheapest audio bible. :-) There are some sites that offer free audio bible, but in the King James Version? No, thank you! Heheh.

There's only one thing though, when it comes to the iPod. It doesn't seem to last very long, from all accounts. I'd hate to think that my iPod will only be good for a few years (if it lasts that long!), and then, I'd have to find a replacement. :-( That would be a bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Most of the bad reviews on the iPod not lasting long are back to the original first and 2nd generation iPods when it had a battery defect (which has since since been settled), not by design. The hooha was blown out of proportion by users who feel they've been ripped off. Same with the iPod nano's 'all too easily scratched screens'.

    Having said that, any eletronic gadget don't usually last more than 2-3 years anyway, and a replacement is usually made in that time.

    I hope you enjoy your iPod video. Be sure to check iTunes for all the free terrific podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2-3 years? That is too short a time frame to own a gadget. My old Sony Discman still works.

    I suppose the iPod lasts as long as the lithium battery life .. it says we can't open the thing and try to remove stuff like the battery. For the price we pay, we expect it to last at least 5 years .. heheh.

    I'll check out the podcasts availabe at iTunes. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)