Friday, July 20, 2007

I have Succumbed!

Ok, ok, I have finally succumbed to the lure of income generated from advertising placed on my blogs!!

I registered with Google Adsense, and I have got my first click resulting in a grand total income of $0.37! Now, how do I make that one click to a gazillion clicks? You know what they say in the Malay saying, "Sikit, sikit jadi bukit", loosely translated, "Little by little, will result in a mountain".

I have also registered to be an Amazon Associate. As you can see from this blog, I have a list of books that is linked to Amazon. I feel comfortable with this advertising because these are books that I actually own and bought at Amazon. But of course I will also put links to stuff that are on my Wish List in the future. I have a long list on my Wish List at Amazon.com!

You know, I am seriously, seriously thinking about setting up a nonsensical blog like that of I can has cheezburger? I don't know if it'll take off, but it is worth a try!

Oh to be as successful as Perez Hilton and I can has cheezburger! Deam on, babey!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your 1st income !
    Wow, $ flowing in oleri lah !!!!!
    Cheers !
    Jamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So next time you visit, make sure you click on my adsense links!! And I will do the same when I visit your site! Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure !!
    The way to go is generate traffic.
    U know yr daily view page view ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    The thing about adsense is that (should you conform to regulations etc) it will always keep growing the more you update your blog.

    Next thing up, aim to generate more traffic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian, I made all of $0.01 yesterday. :-( But with time, I hope that $0.01 will come $10 and then $100 and so on!

    Ya, but how do you generate traffic? All those people I link to my pages, don't even visit regularly! I visit them, leave comments, yet I don't get a reciprocal visit! Well, except for a few, like you .. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)