Thursday, July 26, 2007

Is that Gucci bag you're carrying really a Gucci?

This story on the Daily Mail made me smile. According to a survey in the UK, two thirds are proud to buy fake goods and are willing to admit what they have is not the real thing.

I was at the Galt Flea Market last Tuesday where I tried several stylish sunglasses with famous brand names like Gucci, Burberry, Coach, Prada, and Chanel but did not buy any. The current style of sunglasses are huge and on my flat Asian profile, those styles just don't sit very well on my face. If they did, you can bet I would have bought at least a pair for myself! Each pair only cost $5!

But I did buy a Gucci handbag not too long ago. The quality of the bag looked like the real thing, and it cost me only $20. I am quite proud of my Gucci! Heheh.

I have a friend who is very well to do. When we go shopping, we told her, even if she was carrying a fake handbag, no one would think it was, because everyone knew she could afford the real thing. Whereas if I were to carry one, even if it was genuine, people would think it was a fake! Hah.

I don't mind fake handbags or sunglasses but I stop at fake perfumes. I love perfumes and I want to be sure that the scent is genuine and not something that will smell like some cheap perfume after a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)