Sunday, June 20, 2010

Butterflies

How do you like my butterfly header for the blog? That is just one of the butterflies that regularly flutter into my mother' garden.

There are several white butterflies fluttering in the garden but I don't know what it is about these particular butterflies. They never seem to stop on any flower or leaf! When they do, they don't stop long enough for me to photograph them!


Cycad Blue (Chilades pandava pandava)

And then there are the really small butterflies. They are quite plentiful, and I was surprised at how beautiful their wings can be. Naturally I just had to take lots of pictures of them! They are usually not disturbed when I get close to them to photograph them.

I still have not been able to take any picture of the red dragonflies that like to fly above the big drain in front of the house. What does it take for them to land on a leaf or something? I want to photograph them!

2 comments:

  1. Great shot of the butterfly. Keep trying on the red dragonfly. Your effort will be rewarded one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Today I found the name of that little butterfly! :-)
    Every day I walk outside by the drain hoping to find a dragonfly resting so I can photograph it. So far no luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)