Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Another Dragonfly


I am so pleased with the output of an old manual Pentax 50mm lens that my mother-in-law (picked up from a thrift store) gave me. The Olympus 50mm manual lens that I bought from an online store some time ago was given away to my niece. I thought about getting another one to replace the one I gave away, but now I don't think I need another similar Olympus lens. The Pentax lens performs just as well if not better than the Olympus lens!

Today, I took several pictures of a dragonfly that didn't mind my getting close to it to photograph it with the 50mm Pentax lens.


Initially I thought the bokeh from the Pentax was not as smooth as the Olympus' (based on earlier photos I had taken) but I was wrong. Today I shot a few pictures of the dragonfly with a background that was creamy smooth. I learned that the faster the speed, the smoother the bokeh.

The next time I use the lens, I will use it to take portraits of my kids.

2 comments:

  1. Puteri,
    Great shots. Been using some Pentax before during the film age. They are great cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, Pentax is a very well-known camera brand. I have never had the opportunity to use it in the past. But the lens, if the one I am using is anything to go by, seems superb. Like I said, I am happy I was given it! With the right adapter, most old manual lenses can be used with the modern dSLR cameras! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)