Monday, October 25, 2010

More Birds!


Top L-R: Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Northern Flicker Woodpecker
Bottom L-R: Nuttall's Woodpecker, Ruby-throated Hummingbird


What an enjoyable day it has been today! The air was fresh and filled with the scents of eucalyptus and pine, more so after the rain that fell all day yesterday.

The hummingbird on one eucalyptus tree was quite co-operative and allowed me to photograph it. A pity that I did not have a faster zoom lens!

I also managed to photograph two different kinds of woodpeckers and today I was able to identify what they were. There seem to be several woodpeckers hanging around my property. They have been pecking away at the old fence posts and the utility pole across my house. I even saw a couple drinking and bathing in the puddle of water on my dirt drive way!

The yellow-rumped warblers are also plentiful this time of year, and I think they still need to get used to seeing me walking around with my camera! I took some pictures but they were not as sharp as I would have liked. Not to worry because there are other opportunities!

I have not seen any Western Blue Birds this week. They were around two weeks ago, a family of five. I know they will come back, and I cannot wait to photograph them too!

What fun to have different kinds of birds to photograph right in my own front and back yards! mrgreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)