Monday, August 22, 2005

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I've been thinking a lot about the subject of divorce lately. No, my husband and I are not going through a divorce. But two dear friends are.

What makes a couple who have been married for 20 years want to go through a divorce? This being their second marriage for them both, does going through a divorce the 2nd time make it easier? I am not privy to all that they as a couple are going through. Maybe for them both, divorce is the best solution.

What I never expected is the heartache I feel for each of them. I am sad that they will no longer be a couple. I am sad that when I visit one, I won't see the other. I am sad that one has to leave the area and start anew. I am sad that each is no longer able to depend on the other for emotional, and financial support. I mention "financial" because one is living with a debilitating disease. A disease that is only going to get worse as the years go by.

I hate the word "divorce". I hate what it does to the people involved. I hate what it does to the children. Oh sure, people have said that they are better off divorced from the person they were married to. They say, they are better at being friends with each other than they are at being husband and wife.

Just musing .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)