Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bose Sound Dock Converter

Soon after I bought my iPod Classic, I bought a Bose Sound Dock for it. I love the sound coming from the Sound Dock and love to listen to my mp3 files in my iPod on it.

Imagine my disappointment when I upgraded my cell phone to an iPhone 3g and discovered that the Bose Sound Dock is not able to charge the phone while it is docked to the device. It plays the music or radio stream from the iPhone except that is is not able to charge it. Something to do with the absence of fire wire in the Bose Sound Dock connector. When you listen to a radio live stream on your iPhone, it drains the battery pretty quickly.


Today, quite by accident, I came across sites selling charge converters that can be used with devices that do not charge the iPhone 3g or the newer iPods. I did some googling and was pleased to have found the iPhone 3g charge converter. A bit pricey for something that small and sold by a company in Sweden.


I immediately made an order and can't wait for it to arrive! I love my iPhone, and can't believe how much I am willing to spend on applications and accessories for it! mrgreen

3 comments:

  1. Hello Puteri,

    Just coupla questions for you:-
    How much is the Bose Sound Dock here in Malaysia? Available only @ Atlas Hifi? Would it charge my iPhone 3GS without the charge converter?

    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how much it costs in Malaysia. I bought mine here in the US.

    I am pretty certain that the latest model of the Bose Sound Dock is compatible with the iPhone 3g. The one I have is an earlier model, and that one doesn't charge the iPhone 3g. However, you can double check by checking the specs and also test it with your iPhone and see if it charges.

    The sound is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to find this info. I love my Bose Sound Dock but it doesn't charge my new iPod Touch (as the message on the screen states). I called Bose and they explained the FireWire/USB problem but told me that for $99.99 they could refurbish it (to work with the newer iPods) or I could trade it in for the new portable Sound Dock for $179.99. I like the $29.90 converter idea better!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)