Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour. So What?

I will be taking the RedState pledge today, on Earth Hour.

I do solemnly swear that I will honor Earth Hour by turning on every light in my residence at 8:30 p.m. on March 28, 2009, for one hour. God said, “Let there be light.” Who are we to argue?

Nobody keeping himself/herself in the dark for an hour is going to make an ounce of difference to the planet. All it does is make you feel good about yourself. Yeah, go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back.

But how exactly have you saved the planet? rolleyes

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. What's wrong with feeling good about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong, if that was what you were looking for when you observed Earth Hour.

    Like I said, how does that save the planet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puteri, happy to say that I celebrated Earth Hour like it was the 4th of July... well, at least I would have liked to. haha
    I do not like darkness unless I am going to sleep. So, as long as I am awake, "let there be light".
    Earth Hour was supposed to be for awareness but I don't see any purpose in it if everyone goes back to practicing wasteful ways the next hour. And I can bet my bottom dollar that they did exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with u on this. I understand the purpose - to raise awareness but exactly, how does that save the planet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flo, not one iota! Saving the planet, that is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)