Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too bad



My neighbour and friend dropped by on Sunday afternoon, supposedly to see my camera and macro lens. I do not have a macro lens and I don't know how he got the idea that I had one. Maybe from seeing the close-up pictures that I had shared on Facebook.

Anyway, when he came he had his camera case with him. I couldn't wait to see what film camera he had, and was surprised that it was quite similar (same line but not the same model) to the Minolta auto-focus film camera that I had picked up from my mother-in-law's church thrift store.

Initially my friend thought that I had a Sony dSLR. He had read some where that the Sony dSLR can use the old Minolta auto-focus lens. I had not heard that Sony had actually adapted the Minolta Maxxum cameras and renamed it the Sony Alpha.

Long story short, if I had owned a Sony Alpha I would have been willing to buy off the three lenses that he had.

Too bad, though.

But I was surprised that he left his camera case and everything in it with me! Make use of whatever you want, he told me. All I wanted from that case was to borrow one lens so I could test whether the Maxxum Minolta camera that I had worked. He didn't say he was giving everything in the case to me, just for me to use! mrgreen

I am still waiting for the batteries for the camera to arrive (special internet order), so I can't say if my Minolta Maxxum works. I'll just have to wait a little longer to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Very lucky indeed. At least now, you can explore more about different lenses there. Oh btw, the camera case looks similar with my make-up case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sort of loaned the stuff to me .. two Minolta bodies, 3 lenses, flash, and other assorted camera stuff. Eeee, arap ka pengujung iya, diberi ka aku magang! Hahahahahaa. I should offer to buy the stuff from him. Er, nyu kelalu mayuh ga film camera! Enti dslr, muak ga neh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)