Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Thanksgiving Preparation

In about 2 weeks we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving. This year, I will be hosting a Thanksgiving meal at my home. I have invited my in-laws, and nephew to this Thanksgiving dinner.

Last year I saw a special on the Today show on NBC. The show had celebrity chef, Jamie Oliver, give a class in preparing a Thanksgiving meal. I was quite impressed by Jamie Oliver's turkey recipe and thought that I would be able to do it too. Ta da! I found the link to the show on the MSNBC site along with videos of the show where Jamie showed the Today show cast how to prepare the thanksgiving meal. I have watched the turkey recipe video over and over, and I believe I am ready for my first roast turkey! Heheheh. But I'll be sure to have other food on standby in case the turkey turns out to be a flop!

Being foreign born, the celebration of Thanksgiving is quite foreign to me. Sure, I'd heard of the celebration before, but didn't realize how big a celebration it is in this country. It is a pity that there is a moving away from the real history of Thanksgiving. Secularists have attempted to dumb down the roots of Thanksgiving. So I'd like to take this opportunity to share with everyone the real story of Thanksgiving. Here's a link to The True Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)