Monday, December 12, 2005

Where to Spend Christmas?

Last year we spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with the kids' grandparents in Nipomo. This year the grandparents spent Thanksgiving with us. And for Christmas, I have invited them to spend it with us too. I have not yet received a positive answer from them.

I don't know why, but this year I feel like I am done with traveling long distances .. by car, by plane .. whatever. I just don't feel like getting into the car and spend 5 - 6 hours on the road just to spend a few days at a place. And while on the road put up with kids' whining about being confined in the car. :-(

In January we flew to Malaysia and spent 3 months there. And of course the flight back. And in June we drove twice to Nipomo to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the kids' grandparents. Also we took a friend who visited from Florida to visit the kids' grandparents in September. That is all the traveling I am willing to do for this year.

The good thing is, since we got back from Malaysia in April, the grandparents have been to visit more often than we've been to see them at their place in Nipomo.

In truth, I have developed some kind of phobia and get quite stressed out when it comes to travelling. I always imagine the worst, planes falling from the sky, a pile up on the road, some drunk driver hitting us, falling asleep behind the wheel .. you know the worst possible scenario. Even while on the road, a plane might hit you! :-(

Has age done this to me? The older one gets, the more cautious one becomes? Or is it motherhood? I fear the kids losing one or worse both parents while they are still very young. I fear losing my kids to a ghastly accident. The Bible says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:6,7 I guess I just need to put my trust in God, and let him take over my anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)