Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkins

These are just four of the pumpkins that were harvested from two pumpkins plants that we planted this year. There are still about three or four on the vine and about two in the kitchen.

I do not know what to do with these pumpkins. If they are as sweet as those pumpkins we eat in Malaysia I would have cooked at least one already! I don't know if they are sweet or not but because they are quite big I don't want to cut one up just yet, until I know what else I can do with the remainder. I mean you can only cook so much pumpkin at one time!

I did a search on pumpkin recipes and there are lots of them. But most of the recipes require you to mash the pumpkins. Err, what's the easiest way to do it? Boil it first before you mash it? I thought about pumpkin tempura, now that is not difficult to do.

If nothing else, I could cut up the pumpkins for the seeds. Roasted and salted pumpkin seeds, now that's something I know I like!

No, I do not want to make Jack O Lanterns out of my pumpkins!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry..don;t know how to eat pumpkins....the ones in Malaysia...are there as big as the ones u have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dunno lah, I see some big ones, but usually not that big. Pumpkin seeds? sure you know how to eat, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enda manis labu tu, nya lah betimbun dia. Aku mina ka makai ka manis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin pies, Puteri? I personally don't like them but a lot of people do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kalau kat Malaysia, I would have cooked masak lemak labu :)

    But yeah the ones that you have are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, making pumpkin filling for the pumpkin pie, too much work! I don't mind pumpkin pie, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)