Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sardine Puffs

This morning I decided to make sardine puffs after seeing a picture of the sardine rolls that Pat had for breakfast yesterday.

I used one piece of 9" pie crust which I cut into four pieces. I had to trim the edges a bit so they don't look too bad. I rolled the dough from the trimmed edges and was able to make two small skins for the sardine puffs.

This Pillsbury pie crust is really flaky. I like it! I should try making curry puffs using this too.

Good thing I still had one can of sardine in tomato sauce left. I added chopped shallots and chilli into the mashed sardine.

I still don't know how to fold the edges of the puffs properly.

Ta da! Fresh and hot out of the oven! I dusted some beaten egg on the top of the puffs to give it this golden look. I will most certainly try to make curry puffs using Pillsbury pie crust. It saves me time as I don't have to make the crust from scratch! I don't even know where my rolling pin went! :-)

4 comments:

  1. So nice...looking at the pics make me hungry..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, so now you know what to get for tea this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO yummy, Puteri! Your puffs remind me of the sardine rolls some KL hotels serve at cocktail parties. I know where my rolling pin is, exactly where I put it 4 years ago! Haha ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Rita, you mean you haven't handled your rolling pin for 4 years?

    Ya, the puffs were yummy! Must buy more sardine in tomato sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)