Friday, September 07, 2007

Beverly's Quilt

Beverly was one of my regular quilting clients. She used to come to my place to drop off some quilts with about three or four other ladies. She was the most spritely looking of them all and was the driver of the van that they drove in to get to my place.

Last Wednesday, I received a phone call from her son-in-law. Beverly passed away last Monday of pancreatic cancer. I was saddened to hear the news because just this past week, I'd been thinking about this group of ladies.

Beverly had a couple of quilts that she had completed before her passing and one of them was for a son who was living in Texas. The son-in-law wondered if I would be able to finish off the quilt quickly so that the son could bring it back with him to Texas after the funeral. Of course I said sure, and told him to bring the quilt as soon as possible. That same day one of the ladies who had been to my place with Beverly came by and dropped off the quilt.

I finished machine quilting the quilt yesterday and left a message with the lady who dropped it off. Later in the day I received a call from a gentleman - I didn't quite get the relationship this man had with Beverly - and he said he would come by to pick up the quilt tomorrow, Saturday. I told him the quilt still needed to be bound. Maybe one of Beverly's friends could do it?

But after the call, I began thinking that maybe there wouldn't be enough time for anyone to bind the quilt in time for the son's trip home to Texas. So this morning I went ahead and did the binding on the quilt. That's the very least I could do for Beverly. I won't be receiving any more quilts from her. :-(

3 comments:

  1. so sad...kasih ninga enti kawan meninggal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly endang udah tuai tang gamal iya agi sihat endar. Nya lah, cancer ti munuh iya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend's passing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)