Monday, September 10, 2007

Brocade bag with trim

I made this bag to match the dress that I was wearing to Monica and Oscar's wedding. A lady who was sitting at my table asked me where I found the bag to match my dress. I made it myself, I said, and so is the dress I am wearing! :-)

I made the bag the morning of the wedding, and I did not have the pink boa for the trim. I only added the pink boa later after I found it at the local Joann store. I think the boa trim makes the bag look classy. I will use more boa trims for future projects! In fact I have a piece of brown moleskin fabric that I'd like to make with brown boa trim, but I just can't seem to find brown boa. I think I'll go ahead and make the bag and add the trim later.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are one busy lady. Love you handbag creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I'd love to be able to cook sushi like you do!! We have our strengths. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! You are doing the things I love to do. Years ago, before I got married, I took up patchwork and made many quilts.

    I made each child a baby quilt when they were born (which they still use in the car when we travel locally). I made each a large quilt as they grew older and they treasure it dearly.

    I have much less time now and I have stopped quilting but my craft room is still full of fabric and stuff. I don't know what to do with all of it.

    Now, when I have some time, I make ear rings and sorts for the girls. Much as I love being creative with my bento boxes, I still love my patchwork! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you1 :-)

    I never liked craft when I was a single woman .. I appreciated and admired my friends who did all kinds of crafts but I didn't do any myself.

    But since moving to the US with the availability of classes and materials, I have gone overboard. Lots and lots of fabric for quilting, and lots and lots of beads for beading!

    I have lots of fabric and handles for my bag projects too! Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi puteri. i absolutely adore your bags. especially the one with the rattan handles. love them!

    Zaza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the compliment! :-) You do nice stuff yourself and the food! Ahhhh... must check back your blog often for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)