Saturday, November 03, 2007

Be Prepared for an Emergency

A few days ago there was a mild earth quake in the Bay area in northern California. Some people living in Lodi which is only about 10 miles from where I live, said they felt the tremors. One of the things about living in California is the constant fear of the "big one". It is just a matter of "when".

As a family, I don't think we are prepared for any emergency. We have no plans on what to rescue during an emergency, what to do, and much less have in our possession an emergency kit. I think it is time we put together an emergency kit.

How about you and your family? Are you ready for an emergency. Click here to get prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Puteri,
    Whaddya mean "unprepared"!? Of course we're prepared. I have an AK-47, various large handguns (with ammo) for myself. You can have your pick of any of the other firearms after that. I recommend the 12 guage pump shotgun.

    We have 12 geese to eat or harvest eggs from, our own well (yes, I know how to get water out of it with the power off), lots of firewood, and even a boat (in case of flooding).

    Don't forget the battery powered light(s), ham radio equipment, and the 250 gallon propane tank.

    We might not have hot showers or fresh milk in an emergency but we'll be okay for awhile. By-the-way, I hear dog can taste rather good and there's a few of them around I wouldn't mind shooting if I was hungry enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)