Saturday, November 03, 2007

Toothpaste for sensitive teeth

Having sensitive teeth can be quite a pain. Drinking something cold or hot can be quite an ordeal as well as brushing your teeth.

Quite some time ago I developed sensitive teeth. I don't know what triggered it but it got so sensitive that even sucking air into my mouth caused some pain. When I brushed my teeth, I had to be extra careful. I could only brush lightly on the spots that were more sensitive. And at that time I did not have sensitive toothpaste. I don't know if toothpaste for sensitive teeth would have worked but I wished I had tried rather than put up with the pain.

Recently I was given Biotene Sensitive to try. It's a tooth paste for sensitive teeth. I like the fact that it has a mild flavor and it is not too foamy. I know my children will like this toothpaste too because it tastes a lot like their children's toothpaste. They hate the regular toothpaste with the strong minty flavor.

My teeth are not sensitive any more. I don't know what caused it to stop being sensitive but it did. I can't say if this toothpaste works or not for sensitive teeth but I wished I had Biotene Sensitive to try when I had that episode of rather sensitive teeth. The active ingredient for protection against sensitive teeth in this toothpaste is supposed to relieve the pain and discomfort and over time builds increasing protection against painful sensitivity and not merely mask them as other toothpastes for sensitive teeth do.

I think I will want to continue using this toothpaste because it contains a formula that has complete dry mouth protection. Biotene Sensitive is supposed to be able to increase my saliva's protection against harmful bacteria and growth while at the same time reduce tooth sensitivity.

As one gets older the gum tends to recede which in turn can cause sensitive teeth, and it is better to start protecting my teeth now with a toothpaste that builds sensitive tooth protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)