Thursday, November 01, 2007

Foggy Morning

I am glad that the kids' school is practically down the road. I do not like to drive in fog, and in heavy rain. Today visibility was about 100 meters and Duncan kept asking me how I could see the road. It wasn't really that bad. By 11.00 a.m. the fog had practically disappeared.


The geese haven't spent much time in the front yard recently. This morning they were out on the driveway and honked away when they saw us. I took this picture of them because I thought it made an interesting sight.


This is the road in front of our private road. The neighbour's house to the right of the picture was practically shrouded in fog.

Fog is this part of California can get so thick that driving on a foggy night can be quite hazardous. You practically have to open your car door and find the line on the road! I would rather stay at home on such nights.

I love autumn in this part of California. During the day the temperatures are in the 70s and many people are still walking around in their shorts.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. wow...ur geesse is on patrol? Guardin the house...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just walking about in the fog, that was what they were doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)