Friday, November 09, 2007

I am pissed! Again!

I had thought Google was done with their PR thing. Two weeks ago, this blog dropped from a PR3 to a PR2. Well what do you know?

Last night I got a nasty surprise when I looked a my PR and Alexa toolbar at the bottom of my browser. It showed a PR1! Waahhhhhhhhh! Arrgggghhhh! I am pissed! So PISSED!

I thought I was doing something to stem the tide of the downward PR spiral. I went back to my Google Webmaster tools, did my sitemap, verified my blogs (again!) and put "no follow" tags to all paid posts that were over 30 days old. A lot of good that did me! :-(

Last night I had the weirdest dream. I dreamed that some dogs had crapped on my blanket. What the %#@?! I tried cleaning the stinky mess but couldn't quite get it cleaned enough. In that same dream, I was dreaming about removing all outgoing links on my blog, so that Google will not penalize me for the large number of outgoing links. It was almost like an impossible task.

What do you think this dream means? Someone suggested that those big dogs were indeed crapping on me! Crapping on all my hard work! Those big dogs being the big "G" who seems to delight in smacking me down, no matter how hard I tried at improving my blog! I am not happy that other bloggers who do paid posts are also getting the same treatment. :-(

PISSED! I am mightily PISSED!

9 comments:

  1. What is PR?? Pardon my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooi Imm, sorry, I wasn't clear enough! :-)

    PR means Page Rank .. a Google ranking - 1 - 10, 1 being the lowest on the scale and 10 being the highest.

    You do paid posts, right? So the opportunities available are limited by our Page Rank and Alexa ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to relax and think..i am sure there is a way to prevent it from going down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. How do I know what my PR is? Just go to google?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hooi Imm,

    You can check your blog's PR at a few places. One of them is

    http://pr.blogflux.com/

    I checked the pr for your blog. It appears that it doesn't have any rank yet.

    You can help bring up your Alexa ranking too by installing the alexa tool bar on your browser.

    The toolbar will show both your PR and you Alexa ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nightwing,

    Relax! I am pissed! Hehehhe, no lah, now I have completely destroyed what little ranking I had by changing the url to the blog. Might as well,eh, PR1 is like PR0!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooi Imm, you might want to consider getting a custom domain name now, while your blog is still PR0. You can continue with PPP, just submit a ticket and tell them you want to change the url. When they reply to the ticket, then you go ahead with the switch. It costs under $10 to register a domain with godaddy.com. Let me know if you need help with this, and I'll show you how to do it.

    There's a bit more choices with the PPP opps when you have a blog with your own domain name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bendar amai nuan bingung alu bermimpi??aang kelalu mikir gilak :) Happy selalu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laban ka hot amat, nya sampai temimpi pasal nya!! Aku tu sigi bansa org ka enda mudah lupa! Heheh, tapi diatu lebih drastic action!

    Tukar url, nadai agi PR! Alexa pen nadai! :-( Kapa iya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)