Friday, August 31, 2007

Blog Day 2007

Blog Day 2007
Today is BlogDay. On BlogDay I am supposed to find 5 new blogs that I find interesting.

One blog that I discovered recently, and found really interesting is Moonlight and Roses. The blog author goes by the name of U.Lee and his blog is filled with stories of his past. I was especially moved to tears by his story of a certain woman who went back to Malaysia to look for her mother after not having seen her for about 30 years. It was a moving story with a happy ending.

Another new blog I find interesting is written by a young mother who only just started blogging. Her blog is called Asiana. She writes about her family, and her personal experiences like the day she went for a job intereview with a private radio station for the post of a DJ. She never got the job because she froze and didn't know what to say to the GM when interviewed by him, despite having passed the voice test and could actually talk very well in the radio announcer's booth. :-)

The third blog I'd like to share here belongs to a group of people who call themselves the Kuala Lumpur Lunyung Club. I always enjoy looking at the pictures of the activities they have done together. They are a close knit group bound together by their cultural heritage and the need to come together while living in the big city.

The next blog is by Rita Ho called I'm making notes. I've known Rita for a while now through a forum where Malaysians living overseas gather. I'd only recently discovered that she had a blog. Rita writes really well and her posts are always interesting and entertaining. Her latest post called 50 Reasons to Celebrate Being Malaysian is really special because it reminds me why I am proud to be a Malaysian too!

The final blog I'd like to share on BlogDay is by Daphne Ling called Aphasia Dysphasia. She works with kids with all kinds of disabilities. Her writings exude compassion, a virtue not very many of us have. Her work reminds us that there should be more of us doing this kind of volunteering work.

So these are the five blogs that I am submitting for BlogDay 2007. :-)

15 comments:

  1. Hello Puteri, terima kaseh la for the honour. You surprised me on this. I never heard about 'blogday' too. You so kind. Glad you enjoy reading my experiences.
    And thank you for visiting me.
    You have a great weekend, Puteri, best regards, UL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UL, you are most welcome! I do enjoy reading your posts. You have quite a following.

    I didn't realize you were in Canada though. All along I thought you were in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Day 2007! Please stop by my Blog Day post and leave your link!
    http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wadeh..bisi ampit gak aku tuk..hehehe...Thanks Puteri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puteri!!! - my excellent word-games kaki. :) A million thanks for the high props. I too am not aware of BlogDay but yours certainly should be on the 1-5 of bloggers in the know! Plus, you have 8 more! I humbly salute and will be back. Happy 31st Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita!!! Heheh, yes, it's me, your word games kaki!

    I also by chance discovered that it was BlogDay today. With the technorati link, I just had to do a post on BlogDay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Puteri,

    I think I should be calling you either Kak Puteri or Aunty Puteri =)

    Thank you very much for the honour and the mention...To be honest, I didn't know there was such a thing as BlogDay...*Sesat*

    I'll add you to my blogroll, if you don't mind, yeah?

    Thank you, again...And Happy Merdeka!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aku ka ngadu correction mimit.Actually,I wasnt froze in the radio announcer's booth but I froze when coming face to face with the GM...Hahahaha...I can talk and talk in the con tee for hours(if I have to because I love music!) but I just cannot do simple interview :P Blah!!!
    Hehehehe.Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aiyah, Daphne, no Kak or Auntie pls! Memang sudah tua, but no need to be reminded of the fact every time by such a formal address! Heheh, so vain lah!

    Not many ppl know about the BlogDay. I discovered it by accident, also ngam ngam on the day itself. Good time to help publicize some blogs that we like.

    Thanks for the link, and I'll do likewise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sist Puteri,

    Aku ngari ka semua bala lunyung meri besai terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the info. Out of the 5 blogs, only being to 1 (Daphne Ling's blog)...Ya, she is good and a God sent. Thanks again for sharing...will visit the other blogs liaw...cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mac, you are welcome .. ila tau mai aku betemu enggau bala lunyung bukai maya aku bisi singgah ba KL.

    Nightwing, yes, visit the other blogs as well.

    Pat, sorry abt the mistake! Beguai nulis nya, enda entu tingat ka details ari blog nuan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Puteri, thanks again for the blog intro. Uncle Lee's blog...full of great stories...some make u cry and some make u laugh.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nightwing, U.Lee's blog is indeed full of stories .. real stories! I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)