Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Halloween

Are you ready for Halloween the movie? If you are a fan of the Halloween series as I am, I bet you can't wait for August 31 when it opens in theaters!

I love to be scared out of my wits, and I consider A Nightmare on Elm Street to be right there at the top with Halloween. Freddy Krueger in his hat and his ugly face give me the creeps! In Halloween, that mask that Michael Myers wears, now that gives me the creeps as well.

If you are a fan of the original Halloween and wonders if this 2007 version is going to be any good compared to the original, give Rob Zombie, who wrote and directed the movie, a chance and see if he has done justice to the original classic. If Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects" are anything to go by, then we should all get ready to be scared out of our wits! After watching the trailer, I know I will not be disappointed.

Rob Zombie's remake, or "re-imagine" as he likes to put it, of the original classic will not be "cheesy" as one reviewer puts it. I like the idea of Zombie expanding the character of Michael Myers. In the original classic, Michael Myers kills his sister, and all that is said about his motivation is that he is " ... simply evil". We are left wondering as to the motivation of a six year old, who when he escapes Grove-Warren County Sanitarium at age 21, continues to kill more people.

Rob Zombie in talking about the difference of his version to the 1978 version said "The biggest difference is I wanna make Michael Myers two things. I wanna make him a lead character who you sort of know about, 'cause I think that's what it'll take to make that character then again truly terrifying. So in order, in my mind, to pump the life back into him, to make that figure terrifying when he appears on screen, is you need to know what is happening in his brain."

Now doesn't that quote by Zombie as told to Launch earlier this year make you curious and make you want to watch Halloween and see if you will be as scared as you were of Michael Myers as when you watched the original? I most definitely am!

I am wondering if the final scenes where Michael Myers was shot six times, and whether that scene of him falling from the second-story balcony will be reproduced, in this new version. Will the closing scene be as suspenseful and leave you asking, "Where is his body?" I can't wait to find out!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)