Monday, August 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Deals

It's August and I do not think it is too early to think about and start planning for those Holiday shopping. Many stores have had their Christmas in July sales. But for many of us we prefer to wait till the day after Thanksgiving sales to get most of our Holiday gifts.

For my husband and his father it has a become a ritual for the two of them to join the crowd in front of their favorite electronics store at about 5.00 in the morning. There are two items that I am interested in this year. A computer and a big screen TV. For my kids I'd like to get them each a bicycle. I think it is time for them to upgrade from their tricycle.

This year however, my husband and I will not have to wait for the Thanksgiving ads to check out the thanksgiving deals. At BlackFriday.net I can start looking at the Thanksgiving ads now. The cool thing about this site is that I can sign up for their e-mail alerts. These e-mail alerts will let me know about new Black Friday ads that are posted to the site. That is a great help because then I will have plenty of time to check out all the different merchants and compare prices for the items that I may be interested in.

There are some great Sears deals and one that I am particularly interested in is the Toshiba 42HP66 42" Widescreen Plasma HDTV for $1,199.99. Well at least now I know what the TV costs at Sears, and I can start checking out the other merchants on the site like Circuit City and Best Buy who carry similar items and see who has the best deal on a big screen TV. I can do the same for my kids bicycles and also for the computer I plan on getting.

How is it that we never knew that a site like BlackFriday.net exists before this? Imagine the time we could have saved! I guess it's a case of better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)