Thursday, August 23, 2007

Insomnia

I like to stay up late updating my blogs, replying to comments on my blog and also writing the paid posts that I have managed to snag.

One of the reasons I started staying up late is that I am quite the insomniac. There have been times where I just couldn't fall asleep till it was two or three in the morning. I have resorted to taking an antihistamine to help me sleep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

This week my kids started going to school an hour earlier and that means I have to get up an hour earlier too. Boy, it was difficult to get up an hour earlier than usual! My kids have the same problem too. They have to learn to go to bed about 45 minutes earlier than their normal time, and they also find it difficult to settle down that early. Daddy has to stay in bed with them to encourage them to go to sleep. Last night they managed to fall asleep within half an hour of going to bed.

Wine makes me sleepy and so I thought a little wine might do the trick. Two nights ago, I finished what little was left in a bottle that had been opened maybe about two week ago. Bleaarrhhh! It tasted horrible. It tasted like it was only fit for cooking! :-) It didn't help me sleep probably because I only took a few sips of the bad wine! In the morning, I had a really bad stomach upset. Could the bad wine have been the cause?!

My friend, Kathy, suggested exercising. I am not much for exercising but maybe that is what I should do. She goes to a gym twice a week, and maybe I should join her. I know if I were to do it alone, I would not be able to stick to the exercise routine.

Do you know of any remedies that will help and insomniac sleep? Herbal remedies perhaps? Do let me know!

2 comments:

  1. hi puteri, aku bisi cadangan, beli silensor di kedai cosway ke ba walmart kena ba baju ulih tido ui meh.aku pun bisi masalh nya.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)